Cemetery / Funeral / Mortuary Liability
My L.A. Lawyers represents clients throughout Los Angeles, Burbank, Mission Hills, the San Fernando Valley, Santa Clarita, and Palmdale who have suffered the devastating effects of funeral, cemetery, and mortuary abuse, neglect, and fraud. Although these cases rarely result in actual personal injury, a deceased loved one’s relatives can suffer immense economic and emotional damage. My L.A. Lawyers is committed to helping clients through this difficult time and assisting them in recovering the maximum compensation to which they are entitled.
Mistreatment that can give rise to a lawsuit includes but is not limited to:
- Utilizing improper cremation or embalming methods
- Fraudulently reusing expensive caskets
- Improperly storing or mishandling remains
- Stealing valuables from bodies
- Burying multiple bodies in one casket
- Grave sites left unattended and susceptible to vandalism
- Fraudulently telling loved ones that expensive embalming is necessary
- Moving bodies between gravesites or misplacing remains
Seek Experienced Legal Counsel
The personal injury lawyers in Mission Hills at My L.A. Lawyers understand that losing a loved one is an emotionally difficult time; discovering that your loved one’s remains have been improperly handled or that you have been lied to or exploited can make this process even more painful. If you believe you were treated unfairly by a funeral home, cemetery, or mortuary, or that your loved one’s remains were mishandled, contact My L.A. Lawyers today for a free initial consultation.